The workshop is nearly ready for plastering! One of our last big projects is installing trim around the building's massive 8 foot tall, 8-foot wide alderwood doors. This weekend, we discovered that they didn't come with enough trim to complete the job. Boo. Rather than waiting to order more, we decided to color-match pine using various Danish oils we have on hand.
The grain isn't quite right, but after much experimentation, Tara was able to match the color pretty closely!
We also made a live-edge shelf using the lumber we had milled last fall. This is the first time we've used it and we both feel positively rich having such beautiful materials to work with!
While Tara was busy with the trim, Tyler finished all the electrical wiring. This project went so smoothly there almost isn't anything to write about…
…except that we forgot to run power to the upstairs switch during last year's baling workshop. After some moaning and groaning on Tyler's part, Tara saved the day by taking an angle grinder to the wall, cutting out a channel between the boxes. After we installed the wiring, a quick coat of plaster covered the mistake up handily.
And with that, the workshop is more or less ready for plastering! PHEW!