While we've been waiting in Belgrade for our replacement sleeping mat, I've been working on a baby hoodie for our new little nephew, Elijah. Tyler, as usual, has been programming for his clients. When we weren't totally engrossed in our projects, we took a few walks around town.
Back at our hostel, one step at a time, I finished the cardigan. I back-stitched, mattress-stitched, basted, eased and sewed the shoulder sockets in place. Piece by piece, the sucker came together.
When I completed the last piece (the hood), I wove in the many yarn tails, learned how to sew on the buttons correctly, and made a twisted cord.
The whole process was actually pretty relaxing most of the time. When it wasn't, I had a good laugh reading this amusing entry on a knitting blog I found.
I did not intend for this project to be one gargantuan learning experience, but it was, and I am glad of it. Though it took many months longer than expected, my knitting skills have improved by leaps and bounds. Even more than that, I am pleased to prove to myself that I finish things.
For me, that's a big deal.
I'll post photos of the finished product before I mail it home.