During the past two sessions, I felt like I was barely treading water in a sea of new information. Without so much as a single high school shop class under my woodworking belt, I just couldn't visualize what I was doing or why. Even though I was methodically copying our plans to each timber in pencil markings and score lines, I couldn't see the big picture—where the finished pieces would go in our house. It was very frustrating.
But today, I finally got it! What helped the most (besides practice and repetition), was seeing the finished plans that Peter drew up—it took a couple of days for him to prepare them, thanks to our barrage of last-minute requests. Now, with a blueprint of how our entire home fits together, everything makes sense!
Besides improving my own skills, Tyler and I are getting into a good rhythm working together as a team on this project. We're playing to our individual strengths, so the building process goes as smoothly and efficiency as possible. The result: we accomplished more in today's session than we did in the last two combined!
Here's our house so far, a stack of wall plates and ridge beam pieces: